SPECIFIC JOB TITLE: Network Technician
DEPARTMENT: Technical Services
I. Job Function and Major Responsibilities
Provide a level of customer service that exceeds expectations in the installation, repair and upgrade of Microsoft OS personal computers, servers and peripheral devices.
- Major Responsibilities:
Planning and installing Microsoft Servers
Repairing and upgrading Microsoft Servers
Understanding and maintaining all required LAN a or WAN devices and software
II. Specific Duties and Results Expected
- Design and maintain computer networks
- Network desktop computers allowing users to send electronic mail (e-mail) and to share data, computer applications, and Internet connections
- Understand current standards and terminology used for local area networks (LANs) and larger wide area networks (WANs)
- Ability to implement and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Administer existing computer networks and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Understanding of disaster recovery plans for various situations if the network were to malfunction.
- Setting up server hardware according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Monitoring server hardware performance and diagnosing problems.
- Upgrading server through the addition of new hardware, such as additional RAM, disk drive, nic or other required parts.
- Setting up and configuring of equipment and software, testing updating and transferring customer data.
- Adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn or defective parts.
- Performing testing of used equipment that has been repaired, prior to returning the equipment to the user.
- Familiarity with Standard Microsoft Operating Systems from Windows XP to present and MS Server 2003 Server software to current product.
- Linux system knowledge is preferred.
Gain complete understating of Davis IT Solutions’ methods and procedure in computer , server and customer service
- Server/ Workstation installs completed in timely manner without error.
- Maintain awareness of all outstanding customer issues both pre- and post- delivery and provide status to clients as necessary.
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes and/or scheduled maintenance.
- Perform client follow-up as needed to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level.
III. Decision Making
- Decisions that are authorized without consulting your supervisor.
- Decisions related to specific duties as defined in this job description
- Decision making process
- Proposal Process
IV. Specific Goals for the first three months.
You will be measured on your ability to complete these goals during the first 30, 60 and 90 days of your employment at the end of this probationary period, goals for the next twelve months will be agreed upon between you and your supervisor. You will be assigned a training mentor to guide you during this time.
Learn Davis IT Solutions’ Way
- Delivery of Customer Service
- Learning Technical call protocol
- Arriving on time
- Customer Skills
- Returning Calls
- Learning Internal Procedures
- Company Policy
- Understand company knowledge base
- Delivering quality service to Davis IT Solutions Server Customers
- Learn Davis IT Solutions’ method
- Workstation Configuration
- Server Preparation
- Begin to develop relationship with Davis IT Solutions customers.
V. Qualifications are required for this job.
The first qualification as a technician in delivering a technical service is to remember you are delivering a customer service that will be received with the understating that as an Davis IT employee you are the very best in your field and that the ability you bring to the customer is second to none. Therefore the technical solution you deliver must fix the computer as well as satisfy the customers expectations.
Computer skills are required to operate, install and repair Microsoft OS and Server and Office Software
Because network technicians often provide technical support to network users, they must be able to help nontechnical people understand and use complex equipment and software. In addition to technical expertise, employers often require network technicians to excel in verbal and written communication and to have good interpersonal skills.
A team player who has the ability to relate to a diverse group of internal and external customers, including customers, staff, vendors, including the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small, and large group situations.
Ability to manage time and arrive at appointments on time, punctual in completing assignments, ability to manage customer and staff expectations.
Education and Training
3 Years’ Experience
Standard Certifications coupled with experience
Computer network technicians need self-discipline and the ability to balance a variety of tasks. A technician must be able to spend long hours at a keyboard debugging a program and be dexterous and patient enough to weave a complex web of wires.
The successful applicant with have had measurable success in working in a collaborative environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application Instructions –
Please send your resume and references to [email protected]
If your skills match with what we’re looking for we will contact you for a phone interview.
If successful in the phone interview we will contact you for an in-person interview.